Double variable expansion / multiple password mechanisms

Leon Kyneur leon at f-m.fm
Tue Jun 14 13:34:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

Trying to solve the problem of supporting multiple auth mechanisms +
proxy and really don't want to store user passwords in plain test and
fine to do master user to backend.

I had the crazy thought I could do something like the following:

For each user Store supported password schemes as LDAP attributes:
userPasswordCRAM-MD5: {CRAM-MD5}xxx
userPasswordDIGEST-MD5: {DIGEST-MD5}xxxx
userPasswordSCRAM: {SCRAM-SHA-1}xxxx
userPasswordNTLM: {NTLM}xxxx

then:
=password=%{ldap:userPassword%m} <- Though this doesn't work.. just
wondering if it could possibly work or if I should give up on this crazy
idea :)

Thanks

Leon