Migrate Dovecot email archive

Marco Usai ddr2pw at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 19 20:47:27 UTC 2016

Yesterday I'vemigrated Dovecot mail archive between two servers using the procedure below:
1) Createon the new server the same email accounts existing on the old server.
2) Transferthe "tarred" mail folder from the old to the new server.
For testingpurposes, on Outlook 2007 I've deleted a .pst cache file, forcing the client todownload all emails again.

The switchwas absolutely transparent without any problem. All the emails were availableand Outlook 2007 noticed no changes.
Can Iconsider this a correct procedure or should I use some tools like Dsync ?