Storage upgrade maildir suggestions?

Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Tue Jun 21 07:17:06 UTC 2016

Hi,

we start to run out of diskspace soon as our users start to keep mails
for longer time periods. That's fine, but space consuming.

The maildirs are about 1 TB in total, and not long ago we enabled zlib
which is very nice.

Now I have some thoughts about the next steps:

a) Migrating the whole system to a new server with more storage?

b) Install a virtual server for the mailsystem and an extra storage
system may be NFS?

c) Stay with the current server and move all mails to a bigger NFS storage.

The last option c) would be the most easy one for me as I currently have
NFS space.

Any thoughts? Hints regarding the NFS storage? Pros Cons?

I have seen the dovecot wiki on NFS already and for now we will stay
with one single dovecot server.

    Thanks and regards . Götz