Disabling passdb pam in local.conf

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Jun 28 21:54:30 UTC 2016

* Timo Sirainen <dovecot at dovecot.org>:
> Hmm. If you want to just kludge it, I guess you could do a 00-auth.conf:
>
> passdb {
>   driver = whatever you want for your real passdb
>   args = etc
>   result_failure = return
>   result_internalfail = return
> }
>
> So even though pam is still in the config, it's just never actually called.

I played with the idea to set result_failure and result_internalfail to pass
it all through, too. But then things started to get nasty and I took the long
road and began to edit more than local.conf.

But thanks for taking the time to review and rethink this.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG,80333 München