NetApp NFS vs. ZFS and NFS for Maildir

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Mar 13 23:32:42 UTC 2016

On 13/03/2016 20:47, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2016 09:45:06 +0000
> James <lista at xdrv.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 11/03/2016 15:17, Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
>>
>>  > zfs set sync=disabled ?
>>
>> Only if you are happy to loose data on power failure.
>
> I don't know the actual setup, but if you have no UPC you shouldn't
> host email
> services anyway.

I'm guessing you meant UPS, anyway, a UPS wont protect you from human
error.

Also, most buildings, at least in this country, have a fire emergency
shutoff requirement, meaning mains is isolated from the building, and
the back up gennies are also forbidden to be engaged - UPS's dont last
forever.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/