Allowing for multiple recipient_delimiter characters?

Sun Mar 20 13:38:53 UTC 2016

On 3/18/2016 5:58 PM, Aaron Lindsay <aclindsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anyone opposed to changing dovecot's handling of
> recipient_delimiter so that it's the same as that of postfix? If not,
> I am willing to rebase/merge/address review comments on Lennart
> Weller's patch[1] to get this functionality upstream.
>
> While I think aligning with postfix' behaviour would be convenient for
> those of us who run a server using both dovecot and postfix, would
> this break any other common use cases I'm not aware of?

I can't see how it would break anything, as long as it was configurable
(if adding more than '+' breaks anything, then revert the change).

But I would love to see support for this. Many systems do not allow the
'+' character, but do allow the '-' character, so having the ability to
use both would be great.

Thanks Aaron!

Charles