doveadm sync/backup doesn't sync the metadata?

Heiko Schlittermann hs at schlittermann.de
Mon Mar 21 12:45:56 UTC 2016

Hello,

in a current migration project we want to migrate from Cyrus to
Dovecot. The Cyrus server stores expiry information as ANNOTATIONS.

On the Dovecot side I've set up the metadata/annotations plugin and it
is working.

But 'dovecot backup …' doesn't seem to sync these metadata? Did I miss
something here? Shouldn't the metadata be part of the backup?

(I'm using the latest 2.2.22 for sync purposes, as the stock dovecot
just crashed when used as 'doveadm backup …')

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann