Replication issues master <-> master nfs backend

William L. Thomson Jr. wlt-ml at o-sinc.com
Thu Mar 24 19:10:33 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 03:30:38 PM William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> Then I manually log into mail2 and run this command, though usually I can
> run it from either side, and just change the name to the other server.
>
> doveadm sync -u "*" remote:mail1
>
> Tempted to have cron invoke that on the regular, but seems very hackish and
> likely will have its own issues doing that.

Broke down and went with the hackish approach of having cron run doveadm sync every 15
minutes during business hours. Not ideal, but seems to correct the syncing delays.
Hopefully no side effects.

*/15 8-18 * * * root    /usr/bin/doveadm sync -u "*" remote:mail2

It corrects or bandaids the problem where mail remains on one server only for extended
periods, several hours. While users check email on another, and never see the emails on the
other server. While sync status shows fast and full sync having completed, no errors in logs
etc.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Obsidian-Studios, Inc.