Need help solving issue

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sat Mar 26 19:14:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 17:28:29 +0000 (UTC), MARIA jamieson stated:

>Yes, I am trying it over ssl. Everything works as in I can connect to
>my mail server and establish an ssl connection. There's no error with
>SSL.  It's just auth mechanism having a environment corruption error.
>I am not the only one. You can google around and find many run into
>this situation and no one could help. Most just delete the dovecot and
>postfix and start over again. However, I cannot afford that because it
>took me at least 3 months to setup dovecot correctly with postfix to
>use virtual users. I don't have the time to spend another 3 months to
>set it up. The problem lies with auth and I  think this is the only
>issue and it has to be that something is missing either in the configs
>or a file was deleted or link to it was broken. I am sure after fixing
>this issue. I will have a working mail system again.

Postfix offers excellent debugging strategies.
<http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html>. Have you read it? Pay
particular attention to:
<http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail>.

Note item #8, "If the problem is SASL related, consider including the
output from the saslfinger tool. This can be found at
http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/saslfinger/." Give
that a shot then report back the results.

--
Jerry