Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Robert Wolf r.wolf.conf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:02:55 UTC 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016, Steve Litt wrote:

> from then on. My (probably temporary) problem with Alpine is finding and
> committing to muscle memory tactics to replace my Kmail/Claws chops
> that sped my workflow. I might end up using Alpine for my daily
> emailing activities, and some other program to act as a sort of "file
> manager" for my IMAP server.

*** I would say, Alpine is something as vim. Until you use it daily, you think
"how one can work with this", but as soon as you learn it, you find it perfect
simple, fast but effective (as vim:-)).

> And of course I still need to investigate Mutt.

*** I would tell here the Mutt vs Alpine is nearly similar to Vim vs Emacs:-D I
am unable to use mutt, but I love alpine:-) And I work with vim and cannot
remember all shortcuts of emacs. These sentences do not mean that emacs or mutt
are worse than alpine and vim!:)

And of course, once you create your perfect alpine (or vim) configuration, you
keep it for years (I use nearly the same vim, alpine and windowmaker config for
about 15 years:-D).

Regards,

Robert Wolf.