Good email client to use with Dovecot?

Oscar del Rio delrio at mie.utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 19 16:44:18 UTC 2016

On 17/11/2016 5:41 AM, Marc Stürmer wrote:
> What to avoid like the pest is Outlook. Microsoft crippled the IMAP
> support in it starting with version 2010 on purpose to promote their
> own server technology on many levels. Using IMAP with Outlook is no
> fun, so just don't do it and if you need Outlook, you are better off
> with Microsofts own tech stuff instead of IMAP.

I use Thunderbird most of the time but I also have to use Outlook. I
have noticed that IMAP support in Outlook 2016 is much better than in
previous versions. It was really bad in Outlook 2010 and 2013, having to
delete and reconfigure the IMAP account quite often. I haven't had any
issues since upgrading to Outlook 2016.