JMAP support in Dovecot

WJCarpenter bill-dovecot at carpenter.org
Mon Nov 28 01:36:15 UTC 2016

Bron Gondwana wrote on 11/27/2016 02:25 PM:
> The demo proxy was a pretty quick hack and isn't very efficient, but
> it should be working. It does a fairly slow background import for
> existing accounts, so I'd recommend using small tests accounts. What
> particular bit is broken for you? (apart from the known not-working
> authentication flow) Bron.
I don't know what you mean by the "known not working authentication
flow", so possibly that is what I am hitting.

On the "Set Hosts" screen with either Chrome or FireFox, I see two boxes
each for IMAP and SMTP and a drop-down to toggle plaintext, SSL, or
STARTLS. The fields are populated initially with "IMAP: 993/1/SSL" and
"SMTP: 587/1/STARTLS". I don't know what that "1" is supposed to mean,
so I replaced it with the relevant server names. I got an error "UNABLE
TO CONNECT for <the email address I used>". To try again, I swapped
those two fields around. Same result. (I was watching my server logs at
the same time and saw no connection attempts.) I could not figure out
how to go further.