Pacaging/build issues with AIX and vac (dovecot-2.2.25)

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Mon Oct 10 04:45:05 UTC 2016

> On October 10, 2016 at 3:57 AM Michael Felt <michael at felt.demon.nl> wrote:
>

> On 09-Oct-16 22:51, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> >>
> >> Michael
> >
> > Does the compiler support C99 standard?
> >
> > Aki
>
> Yes. Plus extended features. Key difference with GCC, e.g., are the
> flags to the compiler, but autotools general manages those well.
>
> Key difference with platform (well, of of) is that it is not GNU, and
> how shared libraries are built. Again, libtool in particular, handles
> this well.

We do already support various non-GNU platforms, but our code does expect C99 conforming compiler these days. We also use autotools and libtool. rpcgen should be available, at least according to
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_aix_61/com.ibm.aix.cmds4/rpcgen.htm

Does your build end at some particular point?

Aki