Pacaging/build issues with AIX and vac (dovecot-2.2.25)

Michael Felt michael at felt.demon.nl
Mon Oct 10 11:53:36 UTC 2016

On 10-Oct-16 06:45, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> We do already support various non-GNU platforms, but our code does expect C99 conforming compiler these days. We also use autotools and libtool. rpcgen should be available, at least according to
> http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_aix_61/com.ibm.aix.cmds4/rpcgen.htm
>
> Does your build end at some particular point?

a) found rpcgen - not installed by default (it is included in
bos.net.tcp.adt - recognizable for AIX admins). Thanks for the pointer!
FYI, although the documentation is AIX 6.1, the program has been around
much longer - only the web documentation is non existent.

b) yes, it ended at some point (was in first post), but I shall try
again with rpcgen installed - see if that goes better.