Dsync config help

Jean-Luc Wasmer dovecot at jl.wasmer.ca
Thu Sep 1 01:01:39 UTC 2016

I was able to workaround the “Error: sync: /var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb: Configured passdbs don’t support credentials lookups (to see if user is proxied, because doveadm_port is set)” problem:

=> I simply disabled “doveadm_port” and added the port number at the end of the remote URL in “mail_replica”

Replication seems to work although I have regular errors (idk if they are related to each other or not).
I’ve attached excerpts from the log files but here are the different errors:

- out of memory errors:
Aug 31 21:37:10 serverA dovecot: replicator: Panic: data stack: Out of memory when allocating 268435496 bytes

- timeout errors:

Aug 31 21:36:41 serverA dovecot: dsync-server(user1): Warning: replication(user1): Sync failure: Timeout in 2 secs

Aug 31 21:37:09 serverA dovecot: dsync-local(user1): Error: Couldn't lock /home/user1/.dovecot-sync.lock: Timed out after 30 seconds

Aug 31 21:38:34 serverA dovecot: imap(user2): Warning: replication(user2): Sync failure: Timeout in 2 secs

- permission denied errors:

Aug 31 21:37:14 serverA dovecot: dsync-server(user2): Error: net_connect_unix(/var/run/dovecot/replicator-doveadm) failed: Permission denied

I also get errors for user “nobody” with uid 65534. To avoid them I added
10-mail.conf:first_valid_uid = 2000
10-mail.conf:last_valid_uid = 3000

but I still get some errors, different ones now:

Sep  1 00:13:42 shaun dovecot: doveadm(a.b.c.d,nobody): Error: Mail access for users with UID 65534 not permitted (see first_valid_uid in config file, uid from userdb lookup).
Sep  1 00:13:42 shaun dovecot: doveadm(a.b.c.d,nobody): Error: dsync-server: User init failed
Sep  1 00:14:00 shaun dovecot: doveadm(nobody): Error: sync: Failed to start remote dsync-server command: Remote exit_code=75

Jean-Luc