Dsync config help

Jean-Luc Wasmer dovecot at jl.wasmer.ca
Thu Sep 1 17:58:29 UTC 2016

Looks like I'm having a conversation with myself! lol

To avoid the timeouts, I removed the "replication_sync_timeout" setting.
It did work and also I don't get the "out of memory errors". I guess
they were related.
I also figured the "permission denied" errors: there was a typo in one
of the "mode" in my config file.

So to recap, here are the issues I couldn't fix:

- replication_sync_timeout generates a lot of time out error resulting
in out of memory errors.

- users outside the valid uid range [first_valid_uid;last_valid_uid]
won't be synced but will still generate a lot of errors

The wiki page is of poor quality... it would need to be rewritten. I'm
willing to do it if someone can tell me how to go about doing that. I'n
not expecting any reply though...

Cheers,
Jean-Luc