[Dovecot] Plugins: virtuals vs acls

Leho Kraav leho at kraav.com
Mon Sep 19 14:39:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 03:03:47PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
..On Fri, 2011-09-16 at 14:48 +0300, Leho Kraav wrote:
..
..> dovecot-virtual:
..> *
..>    all
..>
..> when dovecot-acl files restrict some subset of * for a user, does
..> dovecot respect these ACLs when collecting messages for virtual folder?
..
..If they aren't respected, it's a bug.

(dovecot-2.2.19)

So, 5 years later, I got to implementing `dovecot-virtual` :)

I'd like to set up a `LargeMailbox/Virtual/30d` mailbox that restricts
the view of a hidden, and otherwise inaccessible `LargeMailbox` to "last
30 days" rolling window.

`dovecot-virtual` for that is simple enough, but ACL-s get in the way.

LargeMailbox ACL user=Moi none
LargeMailbox/Virtual/30d ACL user=Moi lrwsip

It looks like `docevot` is correctly restricting reading
`LargeMailbox` - user Moi is able to subscribe the mailbox, but sees
zero messages in there.

How can I make `LargeMailbox` readable from a virtual without giving the
mail client the ability to read all of `LargeMailbox` on its own?

--
Leho Kraav, senior technology & marketing architect
Mobile: +372-56-603673
G+: lkooglizmus at gmail.com