Getting error on port 995

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 00:56:51 EEST 2017

>> As a wild ass guess, I think maybe the client is using used "STARTTLS"
>> intead of "SSL", or some other SSL requirement disagreement.
>
> I believe it has more to do with the encryption method (plain, login,
> cram-md5) than with the TLS.  The TLS encryption happens on the network
> layer whereas the encryption method is used at the IMAP level.

Those are authentication methods.  However, Googling the heck out of the
error message, it appears the OP's error message is a common problem
fixed by resetting the PopProxy configuration

 	https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/40eb0164-0bcf-499a-9401-b6a688b5fcfd/log-onto-incoming-mail-server-pop3-your-server-does-not-support-the-connection-encryption-type?forum=exchangesvrsecuremessaging

 	https://blog.zubairalexander.com/outlook-error-0x800ccc1/

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>