Adding secure POP3?

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Thu Apr 13 14:11:46 EEST 2017

I have a working server that only allows connections over secure IMAP (port 993) and secured submission (587).

However, I have one account that has been forwarding mail to gmail for many years and that is getting to be more and more of a problem as more large sites enforce DMARC.

So, the only way that gmail will pull mail is via pop3, so I need to add pop3 access.

1) How do I add a secure (TLS) POP3 service to dovecot
2) can I restrict access to that to specific users? Domains?

OT, but someone probably knows, is secured POP3 going to work with gmail?

===BEGIN
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
  driver = sql
}
protocols = imap
service auth {
    mode = 0666
  }
}
service imap-login {
  inet_listener imaps {
    port = 993
    ssl = yes
  }
}
===END

I did read <https://wiki.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration> but it’s about adding ssl to an existing setup.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.