my domain in both my destination and virtual_mailbox_domains?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Thu Apr 20 12:18:08 EEST 2017

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 03:02:26 +0000, Michael Segel stated:

>I’m doing a new dovecot mail server for my domain.  Here’s yet another
>thing I mucked up.
>
>I wanted to set up virtual mailboxes.  One reason was that I wanted to
>set up virtual users for the domain so I don’t need to create user
>accounts just mail accounts. I followed one of the many examples /
>tutorials out there and I end up with the following warning message.
>
>postfix/trivial-rewrite[8818]: warning: do not list domain
><machine>.<domain>.com in BOTH mydestination and
>virtual_mailbox_domains
>
>I checked my configuration, I don’t see where I’ve set up anything for
>mydestination in postfix.
>
>I’m trying to work thru the log file issues that I can find… this is
>just one more.
>
>To add to the confusion, I’m using webmin as my server admin UI to
>make life easier…  yet it seems to much things up a bit

This is a Dovecot list, not a Postfix list. At the very least, you need
to post the complete output of "postconf -nf" assuming a version of
Postfix >= 2.9, or else just omit the "n" parameter.

While you are at it, include the output of "dovecot -n"

--
Jerry