JavaMail setFlags on readonly folder

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Thu Apr 20 15:13:14 EEST 2017

Hi,
I'm facing a strange issue using JavaMail, where Dovecot let me open "READ_WRITE" a folder with readonly ACLs (same happens on other imap servers), but then doesn't issue any error when if try to setFlags(...) on that folder.
The result is that the code thinks the folder marked the messages (deleted, flagged, etc), while it actually did not.
Just refreshing the folder from the java client, you get back your original messages as they were before the operation.
Is there any known issue about this?
Gabriele
Sonicle S.r.l.
: