LDAP schema ?

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Fri Apr 21 08:33:26 EEST 2017

On Tuesday 18 April 2017 17:06:30 Dave Dodd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to determine the correct LDAP schema I need to use to have
> either mailLocation or mailboxPath available ?
>
> Should I be just adding this to one of my own custom objectClasses ?
>
> -- Dave
Actually i don't see a reason to use a special attribute for that, because it
can be expanded using the username. I have something like:
 mail_location = maildir:/home/dovecot/%u
You may need howewer other attributes for user management so you can use kolab
schema or  ispenv2.ldif in order not to reinvent the wheel.