building Dovecot in Debian 9

KT Walrus kevin at my.walr.us
Tue Apr 25 23:06:08 EEST 2017

> On Apr 25, 2017, at 2:16 PM, Peter van der Does <peter at avirtualhome.com> wrote:
>
> You might have to install the package default-libmysqlclient-dev from
> the Debian repo.

Isn’t that the MariaDB package? I don’t really want to mix MariaDB with MySQL (even though they are probably still compatible, but diverging as time passes).

Dovecot does build with default-libmysqlclient-dev, but maybe ./configure needs to be updated by the Dovecot devs to build against the libmysqlclient package that Oracle built for Debian Stretch?

Since I’m only testing today to get ready for Debian 9, I don’t really need this fixed now. But, when Debian 9 is released, it would be nice to be able to do a production build of Dovecot using the Oracle MySQL packages and Debian 9.

Kevin