Failback mailboxes?

Sander Lepik lists at sander85.eu
Mon Aug 14 10:22:54 EEST 2017

14.08.2017 09:24 Dag Nygren kirjutas:

> Hi!
>
> Have been using Fedora as my dovecot server for
> some time and am struggling with systemd
> at every update.
> Fedora insists on setting
> ProtectSystem=full in both dovecot.service and postfix.service
> at every update of the packages.
>
> This makes my mailstore which is in /usr/local/var/mail
> Read-only.
>
> And this makes the incoming emails delivered through
> dovecot-lda disappear into /dev/null until I notice
> the problem and we lose incoming emails.
>
> My question is:
> Is there any way to set up a failback mailstore
> for these occasions?
>
> PS! I really hate systemd - Destroys the UNIX way of
> doing things with a heavy axe....

Don't hate it, better learn to use it:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/systemd#Drop-in_files

Just override the default conf and update won't break it.

Also, maybe it's time to move Your mailstore under /var/something... I
guess even more restrictions will be applied on /usr in the future. If
You want to do things in the UNIX way then first make sure You know what
should go under /usr and what not ;)

--
Sander