Metrics service

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Mon Aug 14 12:42:16 EEST 2017

Hi!

All of you running dovecot v2.2.27 or later, are now able to take
advantage of our free metrics service at https://metrics.dovecot.org.

To use it, set

auth_stats=yes
mail_plugins = $mail_plugins stats
stats_carbon_server = 94.237.81.63
# or
stats_carbon_server = [2a04:3542:1000:910:acc1:5bff:fe5e:8c2]
stats_carbon_name = some-fancy-identifier-without-a-dot
plugin {
   stats_refresh = 30s
}

And your server should become listed once someone logs in. Note that it
will only work from backends today, it will not work from proxies or
directors.

This service is provided for free, and we might add or remove metrics
from it. Please do not spam it (keep refresh and stats_carbon_interval
*AT LEAST* 30 seconds). Also note that since this is a public service,
all stats are viewable by anyone.

We are open for any feedback, questions or comments for this service.

Regards,
Aki Tuomi
Dovecot oy