/var/run/dovecot permission issues

Alexander Moisseev moiseev at mezonplus.ru
Fri Aug 18 10:04:34 EEST 2017

On 8/17/2017 7:07 PM, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> In /usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/90-plugin.conf:

It should be enough to just set permissions as other options are defaults.

/usr/local/etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-master.conf :

service stats {
   fifo_listener stats-mail {
     mode = 0666
   }
   fifo_listener stats-user {
     mode = 0666
   }
   unix_listener stats {
     mode = 0666
   }
}

BTW I'm not sure if write permissions on 'stats-user' and 'stats' listeners are required for metrics service.
At least I have no evidence if Dovecot ever tried to write to that listeners.
Probably it is enough to set write permissions on 'stats-mail'.