dmarc report faild ?

Ivan Warren ivan at vmfacility.fr
Thu Aug 24 17:39:28 EEST 2017

Le 8/24/2017 à 3:47 PM, A. Schulze a écrit :

> Maurizio Caloro:
>
>> Please i have new following Error, from DMARC Report, if i check my
>> domain
>> on example mxtoolbox i dont see any problems.
>>
>> Any from you know this Eror report, what i need to do to fix this issue?
>
> I guess, the reports are about messages you sent to the list:
> https://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2017-August/109097.html

As I explained to Maurizio (off list), he received an aggregate report..
(Actually from one of my mail servers) in the sample he sent...

It's an aggregate report, so even if everything was succesful, I (or
rather opendmarc-reports since I'm using opendmarc) would still send a
report !

So receiving a DMARC aggregate report isn't an indication of a problem !

Any SPF error in the report would be normal when received from a mailing
list, but I think DMARC passes if either SPF or DKIM pass (you don't
need both).

Note this is a bit OT, since dovecot has nothing to do with SPF, DKIM,
DMARC or any of the postfix/sendmail MILTERs.

--Ivan