Replacement for antispam plugin

Ralph Seichter dovecot-ml at seichter.de
Fri Feb 10 14:52:52 UTC 2017

On 10.02.2017 09:06, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> Since antispam plugin is deprecated and we would really prefer people
> not to use it, we wrote instructions on how to replace it with IMAPSieve.

In my setup, I use the following sieve script globally for all users:

  if header :is "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
    fileinto "Junk";
    stop;
  }

This allows processing based on spam flags set by Amavis/SpamAssassin.
I wonder if the method shown in

  https://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/AntispamWithSieve

will cause incoming mail (via LMTP) that is already flagged as spam to
be processed by report-spam.sieve and, in consequence, will be learned
as spam for a second time, which would of course be undesirable?

-Ralph