Replacement for antispam plugin

Fri Feb 10 15:09:36 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 03:52:52PM +0100, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>On 10.02.2017 09:06, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>
>> Since antispam plugin is deprecated and we would really prefer people
>> not to use it, we wrote instructions on how to replace it with IMAPSieve.
>
>In my setup, I use the following sieve script globally for all users:
>
>  if header :is "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
>    fileinto "Junk";
>    stop;
>  }
>
>This allows processing based on spam flags set by Amavis/SpamAssassin.
>I wonder if the method shown in
>
>  https://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/AntispamWithSieve
>
>will cause incoming mail (via LMTP) that is already flagged as spam to
>be processed by report-spam.sieve and, in consequence, will be learned
>as spam for a second time, which would of course be undesirable?

It shouldn't do. Check out
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/IMAPSieve, which
explains that sieve is normally only used at delivery time, but the
sieve_imapsieve plugin runs a *different* sieve script based on IMAP
actions (for example, COPY).

So, when you deliver, your main script tells dovecot WHERE to deliver
to. When you issue and IMAP COPY command, the Antispam scripts tell
dovecot to pipe the message to spamassassin. The delivery does not
involve IMAP and the IMAP COPY does not constitute redelivery.

--
For more information, please reread.