Replacement for antispam plugin

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sun Feb 12 18:56:38 UTC 2017

Op 2/12/2017 om 5:36 PM schreef George Kontostanos:
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> wrote:
>
>>> On February 10, 2017 at 10:06 AM Aki Tuomi <aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi!
>>> Since antispam plugin is deprecated and we would really prefer people
>>> not to use it, we wrote instructions on how to replace it with
>>> IMAPSieve. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/AntispamWithSieve
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Aki Tuomi
>>> Dovecot oy
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> thank you all for your feedback, questions and comments. We have upgraded
>> the documentation based on this, including information how to exclude Trash
>> folder in ham script.
>>
>> Aki
>>

> Thank you all very much. I am now running into a very weird issue. Whenever
> an Junk email is “seen” I get the following error:
>
> Debug: sieve: vnd.dovecot.execute extension: no bin or socket directory
> specified; extension is unconfigured (both sieve_execute_bin_dir and
> sieve_execute_socket_dir are not set)
> Feb 12 18:02:54 imap(user at domain): Debug: imapsieve: Static mailbox rule
> [1]: mailbox=`Junk' from=`*' causes=(COPY) =>
> before=`file:/usr/local/lib/dovecot/sieve/report-spam.sieve' after=(none)
> Feb 12 18:02:54 imap(user at dmain): Debug: imapsieve: Static mailbox rule
> [2]: mailbox=`*' from=`Junk' causes=(COPY) =>
> before=`file:/usr/local/lib/dovecot/sieve/report-ham.sieve' after=(none)

That is not an error. That is merely a debug message indicating that the
vnd.dovecot.execute extension is unconfigured.

Don't enable that extension if you're not using the "execute"
command/test. Yes, it is in the example, but it has no function either.
Only the vnd.dovecot.pipe extension is actually used ("pipe" command).

> Also it automatically creates a .spamassassin/ folder in the user:
>
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail    136 Feb 10 17:33 .dovecot.lda-dupes
> lrwx------  1 vmail  vmail     17 Mar 13  2016 .dovecot.sieve@ ->
> managesieve.sieve
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail    322 Feb 11 03:02 .dovecot.svbin
> drwx------  2 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 12 18:04 .spamassassin/
> drwx------  5 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 10 17:32 Drafts/
> drwx------  5 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 12 18:09 Junk/
> drwx------  5 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 11 17:36 Saved/
> drwx------  5 vmail  vmail    512 Jan 16 11:55 Sent/
> drwx------  5 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 12 18:09 Trash/
> drwx------  2 vmail  vmail   1024 Feb 12 18:07 cur/
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail     21 Mar 13  2016 dovecot-acl-list
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail     68 Oct 17 13:19 dovecot-keywords
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail    245 Feb 12 18:07 dovecot-uidlist
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail      8 Jun  9  2016 dovecot-uidvalidity
> -r--r--r--  1 vmail  vmail      0 Mar 12  2016 dovecot-uidvalidity.56e48129
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail    640 Feb 11 22:24 dovecot.index
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail  27788 Feb 12 18:07 dovecot.index.cache
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail  25996 Feb 12 18:07 dovecot.index.log
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail    192 Feb 12 16:04 dovecot.mailbox.log
> -rw-------  1 vmail  vmail    181 Feb 10 17:34 managesieve.sieve
> drwx------  2 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 12 17:46 new/
> drwx------  2 vmail  vmail    512 Feb 12 18:04 tmp/
>
> Any ideas ? I am attaching my config.

The likely scenario is that the sa-learn tool is creating a hidden
directory inside the $HOME directory of the user for user-specific state
information. According to your mail_home and mail_location
configuration, that is the same directory as the INBOX mailbox. That is
why this may be interpreted as a mailbox by the maildir format. It is
generally a bad idea to have those equal; you should put the mail
location in a sub-directory of the home directory to prevent problems
like this.

https://wiki.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home

Regards,

Stephan.