Replacement for antispam plugin

Ralph Seichter dovecot-ml at seichter.de
Sun Feb 12 19:01:49 UTC 2017

On 12.02.17 19:05, George Kontostanos wrote:

> Actually I think that sa-learn is invoked as user vmail. But of course
> I might be wrong.

It might depend on system configuration. On my servers, Sieve scripts are
definitely executed as the OS user that matches the current IMAP user.

> Do you have any suggestions as per the way sa-learn should be executed?

Instead of calling sa-learn directly, I use a script to store the piped
raw message in the file system, using separate directories for ham and
spam. This way, there are no delays. A periodic Cron job, running as my
global SpamAssassin user, later collects the files and invokes sa-learn,
ensuring that sync operations only happen once per run.

-Ralph