v2.2.28 release candidate released

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Mon Feb 20 12:06:15 UTC 2017

On 20.02.2017 12:47, Toni Mattila wrote:
>> imap: When BINARY FETCH sees invalid content, return NO [PARSE] reply
>>     instead of [UNKNOWNCTE] (which is now used only for actually unknown
>>     Content-Transfer-Encoding headers).
>
> Has this been tested with Roundcube webmail? I know Roundcube has some
> workarounds when dovecot now responds with that "[UNKNOWNCTE]".

I suppose we'll have to fix the Roundcube code where we do:

// handle UNKNOWN-CTE response - RFC 3516, try again with standard BODY
request
if ($binary && !$found && preg_match('/^' . $key . ' NO
\[UNKNOWN-CTE\]/i', $line)) {

Create a ticket for this, please.

In RFC3501 [PARSE] is described as "The human-readable text represents
an error in parsing the [RFC-2822] header or [MIME-IMB] headers of a
message in the mailbox.". So, is this really an appropriate error code
for this case?

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]