Sieve removeflag Action

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sun Feb 26 18:49:03 UTC 2017

Op 2/26/2017 om 4:02 PM schreef Thomas Leuxner:
>> Am 26.02.2017 um 15:52 schrieb Thomas Leuxner <tlx at leuxner.net>:
>>
>>> So, I cannot reproduce your problem.
>>>
>>> Could you try this at your end?
>> Hi Stephan,
>>
>> Tried with:
>>
>> $ /usr/lib/dovecot/dovecot-lda -d tlx at leuxner.net -p ./message.eml
>>
>> From: User <user at example.com>
>> To: lists at example.org
>> Subject: Frop!
>>
>> Frop!
>>
>> It goes right to the INBOX with no flags:
>>
> This time *with sieve* enabled in mail_plugins for LDA. (I’m using LMTP). The mail gets processed correctly. Does it make a difference for LMTP from the code?

That should not matter normally. I tested this at my end, but I saw no
different behavior.

I created the following file in ~/message-lmtp.eml (substitute MAIL
FROM/RCPT TO with whatever you need):

LHLO frop
MAIL FROM:<stephan at rename-it.nl>
RCPT TO:<stephan>
DATA
From: User <user at example.com>
To: stephan at rename-it.nl
Subject: Frop!

Frop!
.

Then I invoked LMTP through its unix socket (using socat tool):

stephan at drieka:~$ cat ~/message-lmtp.eml | socat
gopen:/var/run/dovecot/lmtp stdio
220 drieka.tds Dovecot ready.
250-drieka.tds
250-8BITMIME
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250 PIPELINING
250 2.1.0 OK
250 2.1.5 OK
354 OK
250 2.0.0 <stephan> 1D/3FPsfs1ge/QAASZWA2w Saved

Evaluating the results shows that there is still no problem here, since
the last delivery is fine (I initially forgot to enable Sieve for LMTP):

stephan at drieka:~$ doveadm -f table fetch "uid flags" mailbox "INBOX"
uid flags
14  \Flagged \Recent $MailFlagBit1
15  \Flagged \Recent $MailFlagBit1
16  \Flagged \Recent $MailFlagBit1
17  \Flagged \Recent $MailFlagBit1
18  \Flagged \Recent $MailFlagBit1
19  \Recent
20  \Flagged \Recent $MailFlagBit1
stephan at drieka:~$ doveadm -f table fetch "uid flags" mailbox
":public/Newsletters/Debian/Security"
uid flags
1   \Recent
2   \Recent