Dovecot Statistics

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Sun Jul 16 00:30:28 EEST 2017

I tried to setup statistics as shown on the Statistics wiki page.  I encountered a problem with the mail_plugins for imap.  in the protocol imap configuration the wiki shows adding imap_stats to mail_plugins.  When I do that, dovecot stops authenticating and throwing error messages:

 Jul 15 12:47:46 mail dovecot: imap(doug)[10.0.1.251]<osGhcGBUmsgKAAH7>: Error: Couldn't load required plugin /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lib95_imap_stats_plugin.so: Plugin stats must be loaded also (you must set: mail_plugins=$mail_plugins stats)
Jul 15 12:47:46 mail dovecot: imap(doug): Error: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

Changing that line to just add stats to mail_plugins resolves the problem.  Hopefully that is an error in the wiki...  However, in looking at the stats, I don't ever see any values for any of the auth_ values.  They all show zero even though there have been numerous authentications by dovecot and postfix.

I also notice that there is a new statistics output about every 3 minutes.  It appears that the numbers are only for that 3 minute window.  Is there a way to set the statistics so that I can see the last 24 hours, or the previous day?

-- Doug