Corrupt index files

Bruce Guenter bruce at untroubled.org
Sat Jul 22 00:25:39 EEST 2017

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 08:50:16PM +0200, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> you should avoid this
> one solution is to use loadbalancers with persistance

We had been using a loadbalancer with persistence to reduce the
problems, and today I switched to everything running on a single box to
avoid any cross-node contention. Unfortunately, the problem still
happens, even when they were all running imap on a single box.

We are moving to a director type setup instead of a persistent load
balancer to eliminate the last source of cross-node access.

> i think you could rare the corrupt
> with optimize settings
> to i.e
>
> mail_fsync = always