+vnd.dovecot.duplicate for Bogofilter duplication shortcomings

Luescher Claude stargate at tango.lu
Thu Jun 15 13:19:58 EEST 2017

Hello,

Sorry for a bit offtopic but it seems the bogofilter community is just
as dead as dspam is.

I trying to switch from DSPAM to bogofilter on a server where if I turn
bogofilter on I run into the following issue: Certain users have sender
and recipient bcc maps setup in postfix.

This is for forwarding copy of an email to other address for example:

Incoming
lclude at company.com -> info at company.com

Outgoing
lclude at company.com -> info at company.com

This way whatever lcalude sends or receives a copy will be sent to the
info mailbox. When bogofilter is enabled the bcc recipient (info)
receives a dupe of every email.

Did anybody run into this?

virtual_destination_recipient_limit = 1
dspam_destination_recipient_limit = 1

was a working fix for me for the old system, however

bogofilter_destination_recipient_limit = 1

does not work in this case so if this issue is not possible to fix by
configuration an alternate solution like making dovecot delete duplicate
messages by message ID would be a viable option.

I have +vnd.dovecot.duplicate plugin enabled but it seems to be
ineffective. Any other tips for a workaround?

Thank you.

Claude