folders in public namespace only visable to 2nd folder level in 2.2.29.1

Andreas Oster aoster at thetick.de
Fri May 5 07:39:52 EEST 2017

Am 04.05.2017 um 11:17 schrieb Aki Tuomi:

> On 04.05.2017 10:27, Andreas Oster wrote:
>>
>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>>
>> Andreas Oster
>> NOVA Elektroanlagen GmbH
>> Carl-Zeiss-Str. 3
>>
>> D-76275 Ettlingen
>>
>> Tel.: +49 (7243) 5490 22
>> FAX: +49 (7243) 5490 54
>> aoster at novanetwork.de
>> http://www.novanetwork.de
>>
>> Geschäftsführer: Jörg Amann, Claudia Blasi
>> Registergericht: Mannheim, HRB 361711     Adresse Andreas Oster
>>

>> Am 03.05.2017 um 17:51 schrieb Andreas Oster:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am currently facing an issue with Dovevot version 2.2.29.1 where
>>> subfolders in a public namespace are only
>>> visible to the 2nd folder level:
>>>
>>> namespace Public -> folder "1st" -> folder -> "2nd" -> folder "3rd" ....
>>>
>>> When one user creates a subfolder below the 2nd level other users do
>>> not see that folder and are unable to
>>> subscribe to this folder. Folders created under the 1st level however
>>> are visible and subscribable by other
>>> users.
>>>
>>> namespace {
>>>     disabled = no
>>>     hidden = no
>>>     ignore_on_failure = no
>>>     inbox = no
>>>     list = children
>>>     type = public
>>>     separator = /
>>>     prefix = Public/
>>>     location = maildir:/var/vmail/public:INDEXPVT=~/Maildir/public
>>>     subscriptions = no
>>> }
>>>

>>> I do not know at which point ( dovecot update ) this issue appeared.
>>>
>>> Does anyone face the same problem ?
>>>
>>> Thank you for your kind help
>>>
>>> best regards
>>> Andreas
>>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have just recognized that there seems to be something wrong with the
>> per user seen flag indexes. In the dovecot log file I get a lot of
>> those errors:
>>
>> Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd
>> /dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
>> Error:
>> /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd/dovecot.index.pvt
>> view is inconsistent
>>
>> Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd.3rd
>> /dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
>> Error:
>> /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd.3rd/dovecot.index.pvt
>> view is inconsistent

>> Could this be the cause of the issue ? How can this be fixed ?
>>
>> Thank you for your kind help
>>
>> best regards
>> Andreas
> Hi!
>
> The second level issue is because thunderbird has a bug. You can see the
> third level and so on in subscribe view by closing and opening the 2nd
> level.
>
> Aki
Hello Aki,

thank you for the tip. I have tried with another mail client and could
see and subscribe to
the subfolders in the public namespace without any problem. Hope that
Thunderbird gets
fixed soon.

However, I still see a lot of those index errors in the log file. Any
idea how to fix that ?

Thank you for your kind help.

best regards
Andreas