folders in public namespace only visable to 2nd folder level in 2.2.29.1

Karsten Heiken heiken at luis.uni-hannover.de
Thu May 11 18:25:53 EEST 2017

Am 04.05.2017 um 09:27 schrieb Andreas Oster:
> Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd /dovecot.index.pvt reset, view is now inconsistent
> Error: /var/vmail/domain/someuser/Maildir/public/.test.2nd/dovecot.index.pvt view is inconsistent

I have the same issue.

My observations are:

  - this only happens with shared/public folders
  - this only happens if the directory is empty

So in your example this would mean the public mailbox "test/2nd" has never had any emails in it.

My workaround is: Put an email into the mailbox and delete it. This fixes the "view is inconsistent" error permanently for this folder.

Hopefully this description is of any help to the devs, so that this can be fixed directly in dovecot.

  - Karsten