[Resolved] Re: "@LIBICU_CFLAGS@: No such file or directory" during libtool command for lib-fts (cross compile)

awl1 awl1 at gmx.net
Fri May 26 00:43:41 EEST 2017

Sorry,

Am 25.05.2017 um 12:49 schrieb awl1:
> So do you have any idea why variable substitution for LIBICU_CFLAGS
> does not work, and what could be done to work around this?
after some more hours of investigation I have to apologize:

The issue turned out to be a combination of my fault (I had modified
configure.ac and intoduced a small but subtle bug) and tricky autoconf
behavior when it cannot properly locate pkgconfig files...

Switched back to the tarball version of the configure script, and
everything is fine now with the following configure parameters:

===
./configure --host i686-nptl-linux-gnu \
             --prefix=/raid/data/module/Dovecot/sys \
             --libdir=/raid/data/module/Dovecot/sys/lib \
             --localstatedir=/raid/data/module/Dovecot/var \
             --sharedstatedir=/raid/data/module/Dovecot/var/lib \
             --disable-silent-rules \
             --with-notify=inotify \
             --with-lucene \
             --with-stemmer \
             --with-textcat \
             --with-icu \
             --with-solr \
             --with-zlib \
             --with-bzlib \
             --with-lzma \
             --with-ssl=openssl \
             --with-ssldir=/raid/data/module/Dovecot/sys/etc/ssl \
--with-storages=mdbox,sdbox,maildir,mbox,cydir,imapc,pop3c \
--with-moduledir=/raid/data/module/Dovecot/sys/lib/dovecot/modules \
             --with-gnu-ld \
             --disable-static
===

Now everything compiled and installed fine - will try to run the newly
created dovecot binary on my NAS box tomorrow... ;-)

Sorry for the noise & best regards
Andreas