dovecot-lda without starting dovecot?

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Sun Nov 5 10:44:25 EET 2017

> On 4 Nov 2017, at 10.31, Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw.ml at ithnet.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2017 01:57:31 +0200
> Sami Ketola <sami.ketola at dovecot.fi> wrote:
>> Again that does not answer my question why? Why do you want all the locking
>> problems and multi-access problems that come with setup like that? What is
>> the actual problem that you are trying to solve?
>>
>> Sami
>
> Really, I can hardly believe you don't now large loadbalancing ISP setups with
> multiple nodes per single service ...?
> The simple problem: massive numbers of emails

Nope. Has never been done. Has never been recommended way. You will get more problems
with that setup that you are seeking to solve.

Use multiple dovecot backends with director ring in front and switch to lmtp delivery via the director
ring if you have scalability problems. Then you can just increase number of backends in case
they are overloaded.

Sami