Plugin virtual, Horde BAD IMAP QRESYNC not enabled

Jakob Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Nov 15 17:07:22 EET 2017

Hi!

I'm thinking around an try to debug the problem a lot. And i think it's
a problem of horde AND dovecot.

Horde handles the reconnect wrong (not reenabling QRESYNC), but why is
this disconnect?
So i found out, it must be the thing with

imap(jakob): Panic: file index-mail-binary.c: line 586
(index_mail_get_binary_stream): assertion failed: (mail->data.stream != NULL

The data-stream of the reading email must not be NULL, but it is NULL.
The process exits, the server kills the connection. Horde reconnect and
handles the reconnect wrong.

Why is this stream NULL? It is a virtual Mailbox (Plugin Virtual!!)

namespace Virtual {
   hidden = no
   list = children
   location =
virtual:/var/mail/virtual:INDEX=/var/lib/dovecot/db/indexes/virtual/%u:INDEXPVT=/var/lib/dovecot/db/indexes/virtual/%u
   mailbox Virtual$Alle {
     comment = All my messages
   }
   [...other virtual Mailboxes with the same problem ...]
}

I'm not a C-programmer... but is it possible, that there is a wrong
Filedescriptor or somethin similar?
The same email opened in its original Folder works absolutely correct...

When i try to open such an email, i get the described behaviour.
When i try after that to open an email, from which i know, horde can
open it, i get an impa-error Message in horde.
Klicking it a second time, the email opens normally.

This are my ideas from the view of an "normal interested guy" :)

best wishes

jakob