Plugin virtual, Horde BAD IMAP QRESYNC not enabled

Jakob Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Nov 15 18:09:32 EET 2017

I found out more.

Am 15.11.2017 um 16:07 schrieb Jakob Schürz:
> Hi!
>
> I'm thinking around an try to debug the problem a lot. And i think it's
> a problem of horde AND dovecot.
>
> Horde handles the reconnect wrong (not reenabling QRESYNC), but why is
> this disconnect?
> So i found out, it must be the thing with
>
> imap(jakob): Panic: file index-mail-binary.c: line 586
> (index_mail_get_binary_stream): assertion failed: (mail->data.stream !=
> NULL
>
> The data-stream of the reading email must not be NULL, but it is NULL.
> The process exits, the server kills the connection. Horde reconnect and
> handles the reconnect wrong.

Doing manuall imap with gdm

gdm --args /usr/lib/dovecot/imap -u jakob

and run the commands

2 ENABLE QRESYNC
3 SELECT Virtual$Alle
4 NAMESPACE
5 UID FETCH 43543 (ENVELOPE)
6 UID FETCH 43543 (BODYSTRUCTURE),
7 UID FETCH 43543 (BODY[HEADER])
8 UID FETCH 43543 (BINARY.PEEK[1]) <-- here is the problem with horde!!!

all is working.

Searching for binary.peek brings me to
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3516

jakob