POP3 STAT command broken (race condition?)

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Oct 1 17:12:28 EEST 2017

On 01 Oct 2017, at 05:33, Andrew Charnley <ac at igaro.com> wrote:
> Claws-mail works for one account persistently, the other three always
> fail. There are no differences between the accounts other than
> username/pass so I have been unable to determine why this occurs. Also,
> Evolution works as it uses LIST not STAT.

Evolution works. Saying it is because it uses LIST is not something you know. Have you tried other MUAs? Mutt? Alpine? Heck, can gmail login and import the messages?

Since the accounts work manually, the problem seems to be Claws.

Do the accounts that not work have very large mailboxes? Perhaps Claws is breaking because there are 500,000 emails?

Look at the STAT returns from your manual checks and see if there's a pattern. Otherwise, I'd check with Claws.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.