[PLUGIN] Virtual keywords (aka Gmail-like labels)

Daniele Ricci daniele.athome at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 19:13:06 EEST 2017

Hello list,
I'm new here and since I've been working on a plugin lately I though
I'd post it here.

It's GPL licensed, hosted on GitHub:
https://github.com/daniele-athome/dovecot-virtual-keywords-plugin

I've been trying to find a replacement for Gmail and I already have my
own mailserver. What I'm missing very much is labels. Since folders
don't really match labels, I had to implement something that at least
resembles them.

I decided to use IMAP keywords since it's probably the closest thing to labels.
The README in the repository pretty much describes what this plugin
do, but basically it creates virtual mailboxes with predefined rules
to match for labeled messages.

E.g. if you set a "Urgent" keyword on any message, the plugin will
create a "Virtual/Urgent" virtual mailbox that will have the message
you just labeled.

I'm a bit out of practice on C but I believe I managed. I've tested
the plugin locally but I've not deployed it on my production mail
server yet. I'd like to hear your opinions (reviews and comments are
very welcome) and possibly find other people interested in this
approach to discuss about it.

Thanks!
--
Daniele