Limit the nuumber of mails POPped at a time

K F fribse2010 at yahoo.dk
Tue Oct 17 17:26:18 EEST 2017

Hi All
I'm completely new to the world of Dovecot, so please bear with me if this is a simple noob question (which I fer it is :-) )
I have a postfix/dovecot setup for handling specific mails for clients.
I have a piece of software with a mailclient that has problems when it POP's large amounts of mail. Unfortunately the system can't be updated or fixed.So I'm trying to figure out if I can limit the number of mails that can be seen via Dovecot.
The procedure would be likeThe client connects.
Dovecot limits the number of mails to 300.
The client fetches and deletes the POPped mails immediately after retreivel.Next time it POPs it has the next batch.
So it would be a question of always presenting a maximum of 300 mails via the POP3.Is it doable?

Dovecot is version 2.2.10Server is a CentOS 7.
Best regardsK