mdbox + director + nfs

Raymond Sellars Raymond.Sellars at orionhealth.com
Tue Oct 17 23:56:03 EEST 2017

Hi Matt

We've been running this configuration for the past couple of years.  Not noticed any locking issues. As I understand it that's the objective of using Director.

As Aki notes make sure you have the appropriate NFS settings.

Other lessons we encountered.

Important to ensure NFS is NTP sync'd and aligned with your hosts, we hit some issues with file timestamps leading to problems.

Replication, e.g. for perhaps a backup or DR site. Seems to work but we've had the odd occasion of the indexes drifting. Never tracked the reason down and believe its unrelated to the NFS. Just something to monitor.

Regards
Raymond

Message: 5