How to limit Apple Mail (desktop)?

Rupert Gallagher ruga at protonmail.com
Tue Oct 31 08:42:19 EET 2017

When Apple Mail connects to an IMAP account for the very first time, it downloads all e-mails to build a local mirror.

When the user changes the name of a folder, Apple Mail downloads the whole subtree and erases the old one.

We have Apple Mail users with >20GB worth of e-mails, downloaded multiple times (horrified emoticon here).

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile