How to limit Apple Mail (desktop)?

María Arrea maria.arrea at gmx.com
Tue Oct 31 15:06:49 EET 2017

    If you use Linux you can use netfilter (iptables) mark feature to
track individual connections from a given IP, and above a threshold you
can shape the bandwitdh based on those iptables mark. For example, if an
IMAP connection from ip X exceed 100 megabytes of data, bandwitdh for
that ip would be limited to 100 KB/sec (or whatever number). First 100
megabytes, top speed, above that they get slower.

     Regards

     María