can't get quota working. I use static userdb driver.

Вадим Бажов master at remort.net
Fri Sep 1 19:34:54 EEST 2017

Hi, people !
Set up global quota according to docs to 2 Mb.
Send more than ten Mb on the box.
Mail still getting put in the box, no bounces, no error messages in
logs, nothing to prevent mail to be delivered in overflooded mailbox.

quota settings are:

mail_plugins = quota
lmtp_rcpt_check_quota = yes
quota_full_tempfail = yes

protocol lmtp {
  postmaster_address = postmaster # required
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
}

protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
}

protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota
}

plugin {
  quota = maildir:"User quota"
  quota_rule = *:storage=10M
  quota_rule3 = INBOX.Trash:storage=+10%%
  quota_exceeded_message = "552 5.2.2 Mailbox is full"
}

doveconf -n is attached.

# doveadm quota get
Quota name   Type    Value Limit

         %
"User quota" STORAGE     0 10240

         0
"User quota" MESSAGE     0     -

# doveadm quota get -u vadim
Quota name   Type    Value Limit

         %
"User quota" STORAGE     0 10240

         0
"User quota" MESSAGE     0     -

# du -sh /var/mail/vadim/
23M /var/mail/vadim/

I tried to pass quota_rule as an argument to userdb, quota is being
parsed, but still doesn't work.

I think problem is that dovecot can't (re)calculate the actual quota
on disc (cant calculate how disk space mailbox is used), despite the
fact that quota limit itself is configured correctly, since dovecot
shows it in log and doveconf -n.

What I am dong wrong ?