Conditionally disabling auth policy

Marcus Rueckert darix at opensu.se
Wed Sep 27 20:03:43 EEST 2017

On 2017-09-27 16:57:44 +0000, Mark Moseley wrote:
> I've been digging into the auth policy stuff with weakforced lately. There
> are cases (IP ranges, so could be wrapped up in remote {} blocks) where
> it'd be nice to skip the auth policy (internal hosts that I can trust, but
> that are hitting the same servers as the outside world).
>
> Is there any way to disable auth policy, possibly inside a remote{}?
>
> auth_policy_server_url complains that it can't be used inside a remote
> block, so no dice there. Anything I'm missing?

>From my config:
```
  allowed_subnets=newNetmaskGroup()
  allowed_subnets:addMask('fe80::/64')
  allowed_subnets:addMask('127.0.0.0/8')
[snip]
  if (not(allowed_subnets.match(lt.remote)))
  -- do GeoIP check
  end
```

of course could just skip all checks in that case if really wanted. but
you probably want to be careful not to skip too many checks otherwise
the attack moves from your imap port e.g. to your webmailer.

   darix

--
           openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
               openSUSE is good for you